CHOCOLATE CHIP PIZZAThursday, May 29, 2014
A little while back I made a stop motion video of myself and the kiddos making a chocolate chip pizza. If you have not seen it yet, check it out;
Making the video was so much fun but not quite as much fun as eating the pizza!
CHOCOLATE CHIP PIZZA
- 100 g Sugar
- 100 g Soft Brown Sugar
- 100 g butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 210 g All purpose flour
- 1/2 bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 salt
- 150 g chocolate chips
- Sweets for the toppings- we used Smarties, shredded coconut, chocolate chips and Skor pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 F/190 C and grease a 10" pizza pan (I used a slightly smaller, disposable tin foil tray in the video and placed some of the cookie dough in the freezer for another time)
- Put both sugars in a large bowl and cream together with the butter till light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and egg and mix together. Sift in the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda (or cheat like me and simply use a balloon whisk to aerate the flour, salt and bicarbonate in another bowl- life is too short to sift flour!) Mix everything together to form a stiff, smooth dough.
- Press the dough evenly into the pizza pan and bake for 12-15 minutes. Leave in the pan to cool then place the cookie base on a plate ready for its toppings.
- Melt the 150 g chocolate chips on medium in the microwave or in a bowl over simmering water. Leave to cool a little then pour over the surface of the pizza. Make sure you leave a gap around the edge, just like pizza sauce.
- Get creative and top your pizza with a little or a lot of toppings!