ALL IN A FAST DAYMonday, March 09, 2015
Here is a little look into another Fast Day on the 5:2 Plan;
- Coffee with 1/4 cup skimmed milk 20 kcal
- Homemade 2% yoghurt with 1 tsp stevia blended with 50 g blackberries 57 kcal
- 3 cups of mixed leaves, 2 stalks of celery, 1/2 and apple & 4 chopped hazelnuts. Dressed with 1 tsp. lemon juice, 10 g 2% yoghurt, 1 tbsp. chopped parsley and 1/4 tsp sea salt. 116 kcal
- Prawn Summer Rolls with sweet chilli and soy dipping sauces 285 kcal
TIP: Frozen prawns can taste a little lifeless! Soak them in lime of lemon juice for 10 minutes before you use them and they are transformed.
FAST DAY PRAWN SUMMER ROLLSWHAT YOU NEED
- 3 rice paper rolls (check the calorie content of them as they can vary. The ones I used were 70 kcal for 3)
- 100 g prawns
- 1 medium carrot, chopped as thinly as possible
- 1/2 a red or yellow pepper, sliced thinly
- 50 g Chinese greens (I used Pak Choi)
- 10 g spring onion, 1/4 of it chopped into small piece for the soy dip and he rest cut into thin strips for the wraps
- 2 tsp cilantro
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 g furikake
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
WHAT YOU DO
Soak the rice paper rolls in warm water till soft and fill each one with prawns and chopped veggies. Sprinkle a little chopped cilantro on and roll them up. Place on a plate with wet kitchen roll over them to stop them drying out. Make the soy dip by adding the soy, chopped spring onions and furikake.
Slice the rolls into bite size pieces and sprinkle with a little furikake.
CALORIES: 285 kcal
I also added 30ml skimmed milk for adding to cups of tea throughout the day. Total calories for the day was 500 kcal.