JOBS FOR THE BOYSMonday, December 07, 2015
"My theory on housework is, if the item doesn't multiply, smell, catch fire, or block the refrigerator door, let it be. No one else cares. Why should you?"
I would love to say that I am organised and ready for Christmas. I would love to tell you that my job list is small and manageable, but I would be lying. I fear this is the same story for many people as we gallop towards Christmas at an alarming rate.
When I was young I remember thinking that the month of December was the slowest ever, every advent day seems to be three times as long as a normal day. As a grown up its like somebody put the day speed to double!
One blessing is that my boys now have a job list each that they must complete to earn their pocket money. Many jobs are still off limits for my little cleaning crew but I am finding more and more little tasks that can keep them busy and me happy.
Here is a sample of the boy’s chores;
• set the table for dinner
• put away toys
• help feed pets (we have 2 fish, 1 dog and 15 chickens)
• water plants
• empty the dishwasher
• help clear table
• vacuum the stairs
• wipe door handles and light switches
• match socks
We have two staircases in our house and vacuuming them was always quite a task with the upright vac. I was sent a Dirt Devil 360° Reach Pro to try out in my home and I was rather excited about its arrival. (I fear that getting excited about a cleaning tool may signal some kind of life event, but lets not dwell on that!)
The Dirt Devil 360° Reach cleans where your upright vac can't. It’s perfect for corners, edges, skirting boards, and especially stairs! The thing I love most is that this little vac is perfect for the boys to use. They can vac the stairs safely and easily. I have actually caught them fighting about who gets to do the job!
Here are a few of the Dirt Devil 360° Reach amazing features;
· 4-in-1 stick vac - go from floors to ceilings to couches in seconds
· Vac + dust tools with swipes washable microfiber pad - ceiling fan tool to vac and dust ceiling fan blades, hard floor tool to pick up heavy dirt and debris while capturing dust and above floor tool to easily tackle vents, hard-to-reach corners, shelves and more
· 6 in. powered stair and upholstery tool - adjust to cover every part of each step
· Extended wand - stretch from floors to ceilings and catch everything in between
· 27 ft. power cord - easily clean your couch then your stairs without unplugging
· Crevice tool - get to hard-to-reach cracks and crevices
· Pivoting extension tool - pivot to get above the mess
· Storage bag - easy and convenient storage
So if you need to keep your children busy and your job list small get those kids recruited and arm them with some tools to get the job done with big smiles on their grubby little faces!
It's also worth noting that when I ask them to clean up their toys they also sometimes end up like this! Poor Woody!
I was sent a Dirt Devil 360° Reach to test. I used it, my boys used it, my husband might have used it and I filled it with my dogs hair many times before writing this post. Opinions, photographs and tortured Woody toys are as always my very own.