So bread number 16 is pizza dough and this weekend it happily fed friends and crazy running around children. Oh and the mention of making this for kids- get them to top their own pizza's, they love it!
- 500g All Purpose white flour
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp fast action dried yeast
- 300 ml lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, place the flour and salt together. Mix the oil and water together and gradually add to the flour. Mix well until you obtain a dough. Knead well for couple of minutes. (Or cheat and thrown it in the mixer with a dough hook, just like I do!)
- Shape the dough into a ball and leave to rest covered with a cloth for 20 minutes.
- Split the dough into pieces and flatten the dough with the palm of your hand and using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to a thickness of half a centimetre. Place the dough on a lightly oiled baking tray, leaving the edges slightly thicker.
- Once you have added your toppings place in a hot oven- 360 F/ 250 C for 7 to 10 minutes.