FLAPJACKWednesday, April 10, 2013
I love flapjack and with all those oats it must be classed as a health food (that's what I tell myself anyway!). This recipe is a Mary Berry one and when it comes to baking, in my humble opinion she is one of the very best. I have yet to bake anything of hers that has not worked perfectly.
- 125g butter plus extra for greasing
- 90g golden syrup
- 90g light soft brown sugar
- 250g rolled oats
- Equipment- roasting tin or shallow cake tin, about 20 x 30 cm
- Lightly butter the roasting tin or cake tin.
- Combine the butter, syrup and sugar in a saucepan and heat gently until the ingredients have melted and dissolved. Stir in the oats and mix well.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and smooth the surface with the back of a metal spoon. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C/ 320 F for about 25 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the tin for about 5 minutes, then mark into 24 fingers. Leave to cool completely, then cut and remove from tin.
I had a bag of 7 Grain Mix so I added 200g of oats and 50g of the 7 Grains Mix to add a little extra crunch and goodness!