SHORTBREADThursday, August 01, 2013
There is something to be said for a recipe that only has three ingredients! Its like a magic trick that just butter, flour and sugar can become a melt in the mouth treat in minutes. Every time I make these I am so impressed with their tasty simplicity I am hard pressed not to eat them all myself- I have to hide them in my secret mummy only section that contains the good gin and very good chocolate- don't tell the kids!
- 150g Plain Flour
- 100g Butter
- 50g Sugar
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees celcius.
- Put butter, flour and sugar in the mixing bowl.
- Mix together with wooden spoon and hands so that the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Then use hands to squeeze mixure together so that the mixture looks like a dough.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut out the shapes using your chosen cutter.
- Place on a baking tray and leave in oven for 20 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Then let the biscuits cool on a cooling tray for 10 minutes.