The recipe is based on Nigella Lawson's Pistachio version but with non nut eaters to feed I changed it up with the addition of some vanilla.
Please note that this is not really fudge (in a confectioners sense) and requires no boiling sugar or scary thermometers- just a gentle heat and a delicious result!
CHOCOLATE VANILLA FUDGE
- 350 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 x 397 grams can condensed milk
- 30g butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Put the chopped chocolate, condensed milk, butter and salt in a heavy-based pan on a low heat, and stir to melt.
- Mix the melted chocolate and condensed milk then pour this mixture into a foil tray or silicone brownie pan - 23cm / 9 inch square, smoothing the top.
- Let the fudge cool, and refrigerate until set. You can then cut it into small pieces- keep them small as this is very rich stuff and small mouthfuls works perfectly.
- Once cut, it can be kept in the freezer - no need to thaw just eat straight away.