PARMA HAM SWIZZLE STICKS
- 250g strong white flour, plus extra to dust
- 4g fast-action dried yeast
- 200ml milk
- 2tbsp olive oil, plus extra for oiling
- 50g pitted black olives, halved
- Leaves from 2 rosemary sprigs, finely chopped
- 6 slices Parma ham, halved lengthways
- Fresh pesto to serve
1 Mix the flour, yeast and ¼tsp salt in a bowl. Heat the milk and oil in a pan until lukewarm. Stir enough of the milk mix into the flour to make a soft dough. Knead on a floured work surface for 5min. Transfer to a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rise somewhere warm but not hot for 30min.
2 Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan). Line two baking sheets with baking parchment. Lightly knead the olives and rosemary into the dough, then divide into 12 balls- you can do all of the twists with the ham or as my Mum did and do half with ham, half without. Roll each into an 18cm (7in) strip, then wind a strip of ham along the length and twist together. Transfer to a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough. Bake for 12-15min until golden.
Serve warm with pesto for dipping.
Recipe taken from here