PICKLED RADISHMonday, June 23, 2014
I love radish. I love growing them and I love eating them. I plant some each week to ensure that I have a regular supply. These little babies are the first ones picked from my new vegetable garden;
cob oven we also had a burger bar that had many choices of sauces, caramelised onions, a wonderful balsamic bacon marmalade (flipping amazing stuff by the way!) and pickled radish. They are super simple and super quick. They only need a few hours in the fridge and a whole lot of magic happens to this little peppery garden friend.
- 100ml water
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 dried chillies
- 1 tsp. corriander seeds
- 2 thick sliced of ginger
- Handful of radish cut into thick slices
- In a small pan put everything apart from the radish in and bring to the boil. Once at a boil take it off the heat.
- Place the sliced radish in a jar and pour over the hot pickle juice.
- Place the lid on and put them in the fridge to cool completely.
- Use once cool. They will last for a week in the fridge.
See, easy peasy!
They were fabulous on the burgers and the day after the party they were even more fabulous with some home made falafel- recipe for those coming in the next few days.