SWEET POTATO AND PEA FRITATTA
- 1 large sweet potato
- olive oil
- 300g frozen peas
- Pinch grated nutmeg
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/3 cup Mozzarella, grated
METHOD1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Scrub the sweet potatoes clean, then rub them with a little salt, pepper and oil and place on a baking sheet. Roast for about 50 minutes, or until soft and cooked through, then leave aside until they’re cool enough to handle.
2. Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl, season lightly and add the nutmeg, whisk up, then crumble in half the feta and mozzarella and add the peas and mix lightly to combine everything.
3. Heat an 11" non-stick, oven proof frying pan with a little olive oil. When the oil is hot and shimmering, take it off the heat and add the egg mixture.
4. Remove the skins of the sweet potato and tear chunks into the top of the egg mixture then crumble over the remaining feta and sprinkle the rest of the grated mozzarella. Top it off with a good grating of black pepper.
5. Place the pan in the oven for 13 to 15 minutes, or until fluffy and golden. Serve straight from the pan or turn out onto a board.
6. Delicious hot but just as delicious cold the day after- perfect lunch box food