CHRISTMAS PARTY CHEATS WITH GLAD ODOUR GUARDWednesday, December 17, 2014
I have been a little blog tardy of late and honestly I could go down the apology route but I feel its best just to say that I have been very much enjoying the food and drink of the festive season and that is never a bad thing!
TOP CHRISTMAS CHEATS & TIPS FROM LIFE WITHOUT LEMONS
- Who has time to peel potatoes on Christmas Day?? Peel them the day before and cover them with cold water and leave them somewhere cool till you need them.
- Stick a sliver spoon into the neck of a champagne bottle to stop the contents going flat. It will stay fizzy for about a day.
- The colder the champagne bottle the less likely it is to explode when you take out the cork.
- Store fresh ginger in vodka. It will improve the flavour of the vodka and the ginger!
- Lemons and oranges give more juice if soaked in hot water first.
- When buying a fresh tree, give it a shake. If lots of needle drop its an old tree!
- Extended your table and don't have a tablecloth big enough? Just use a clean, ironed bed sheet.
- You can prolong the burning life of a candle by putting it into the fridge the day before.
- Wine cools down quicker with the cork removed.
- Buy good quality paper plates to save on washing up.
- Use GLAD Odour Guard bags in your kitchen- no matter what you stick in them, your kitchen will smell fresh and parties have a habit of creating lots of smelly waste Nobody wants a smelly kitchen, get some of these- they really are fab and work a treat!
Ready and prepared to handle even your smelliest kitchen garbage, this bag helps neutralize the worst trash odours. And with the Easy-Tie®closure you just tie, grab, toss, and you’re done.
GLAD® Easy-Tie® bags have four flaps designed for easy closing, making even the fullest bags simple to lift and carry.
So party happy this Christmas with a few cheats and don't forget that a happy host should probably have a gin and tonic never too far away from them!
I was sent a GLAD Odour Guard Kit to try out for this blog post. Images, opinions and smelly garbage are my own.