CARROT, GINGER AND CHILLI SOUPSunday, November 29, 2015
Simple, delicious, fast and like a big old hug in a bowl.
This soup is my fall back when the weather is cold and the job list is endless.
CARROT, GINGER AND CHILLI SOUPServes 2
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 x small onion- peeled and diced
- 4 x carrots- peeled and diced
- 2 cm piece of root ginger- peeled and grated
- 1 x chilli- de-seeded and chopped finely
- 250 ml hot stock
WHAT YOU DO
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions for 5 minutes, moving them with a spoon so they don't brown.
- Add everything else to the pan and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place everything in a blender and blitz till smooth. If it’s too thick at this point and not smoothing up in the blender just adds a little more hot water or stock. Season in the blender with salt and pepper and taste. I find it easier to do this whilst in the blender so between additions of salt and pepper you give the blender a blast and it gets mixed perfectly before you taste again.
- Return to the pan and heat till bubbling. Serve and enjoy.