STEP AWAY FROM THE CEREAL PROJECT: CRANBERRY AND CARROT MUFFINSTuesday, February 05, 2013
Instead of sneaking bran into my muffins I am now sneaking in vegetables! You don't taste the carrot, just delicious muffins. The carrots add moisture and lightness to these excellent breakfast muffins.
- 280g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 egg,
- 90ml milk
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 115g sugar
- 340g- Approximately 2 large carrots finely grated
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 90ml Canola oil
- 60 Dried Cranberries
Method1. Prepare muffins tins.
2. Pre-heat oven to 375-400F or 190-200C
3. In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon.
4. In a separate bowl, beat egg with a fork. Add milk, honey, sugar, carrot and vanilla, followed by oil and stir well.
5. Pour all of liquid mixture into dry. Stir just until combined, adding cranberries during the final stir, don’t overmix the batter.
6. Spoon into the muffin cases. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until tops spring back when pressed gently.