VALENTINES CRANBERRY, OAT AND YOGURT LOVE MUFFINSThursday, February 14, 2013
|How about adding red food colouring the word LOVE and sticking heart lollies in it- now that is a Valentines treat!|
OK you got me, these are hardly Valentine's treats in the sense of all out hearts and sprinkles but we love muffins and with a batch being made I saw no reason not to Valentines bling them up!
Please feel free to leave out the food colouring or if your feeling that way inclined add more- my muffins were a subtle shade of pink not full blown in your face red.
VALENTINES CRANBERRY, OAT AND YOGURT LOVE MUFFINS
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
85g rolled oats
240ml plain yogurt
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp red food colouring120g light brown sugar
90ml vegetable oil or melted, unsalted butter
85g chopped dried cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/170C for fan-assisted and prepare the muffin tin with cases.
2. In a large bowl add the salt, baking powder and flour.
3. In a jug add the egg, sugar, oil and food colouring.
4. Just before baking, stir together the oats, yogurt and bicarbonate of soda. Then mix in the egg, sugar, oil and colouring- mix well.5. Pour the wet mixture into the dry. Stir just until the ingredients are combined and no dry flour is visible. Gently fold in the cranberries.
6. Spoon immediately into the muffin cases. Do not let the mixture stand, or the oats will turn the batter grey.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the tops are lightly browned and spring back when pressed gently.