LEIBSTER AWARDTuesday, October 22, 2013
So I won a little blogger award, awarded by a fellow blogger. Everyone likes a pat on the back now and then so I was happy to receive it from Hannah at the Lemon Hive.
So as part of the award I have to answer 10 questions, give you 11 facts about me and nominate 5 of the blogs I love to read. Here goes........
10 FACTS ABOUT ME
- My toenails are always painted
- My husband bought me a sausage stuffer as an early birthday gift- I absolutely love it!
- I dislike spiders and flying
- I can ride a wonky bike- that is a bike that you turn the handles one way and the wheel turns the opposite way
- I started work training as a butcher when I was 16 years old- and I love it more now than ever
- I owned a horse called Inka and I would attend little local horse shows. You give horses fancy show names and Inka's was Inkaman Trooper. I asked my Dad to enter me in a couple of classes when I was running late and he decided to give my horse different show names. He entered me once as Hoof Hearted and once as Norfolk En Chance- say them out loud if you haven't got it yet!
- I don't know my left from my right. I mean I do, but I have to think about it. If put on the spot I always give the wrong answer- which is always interesting when I am giving the husband directions in the car!
- I don't like cheese (gasp in horror!). Over the years I have started to like mozzarella and parmesan and even a nice slice of grilled halloumi but that's it!
- I love making pastry. If I am feeling stressed I make pastry and I feel better. I like the process involved and I think anything wrapped in pastry is homely and comforting.
- I love gin! It's not a secret but come 5pm on a Friday my well earned gin and tonic is a welcome pleasure after a long week of cleaning, cooking and picking up lego. One of my favourites in Bombay Sapphire but I am always keen to try different ones as variety is the spice of life!
- I cant do maths in my head- I have to write it down on paper.
10 QUESTIONS1. What inspires you on daily basis?
My stomach- greedy I know but I think about food most of the time and when not eating it I am planning it, creating it and dreaming of it!
2. What does your ideal day look like?
No alarm clock going off (I hate alarm clocks!), good coffee, leisurely long lunch, toasted marshmallows over a roaring fire topped off with gin, steak and champagne- oh and happy kids that are not trying to kill each other!
3. What does your real day look like?
Alarm clocks (I hate alarm clocks!), rushed coffee, packed lunches, school runs, washing, cleaning picking up lego and falling asleep on the sofa half way though a TV show!
4. What's your favourite thing about blogging?
The connection it gives me to my family and friends in England.
5. If you had to give one piece advice to a large group of people, what would it be?
Only eat what you enjoy, with who you want to be with and when you want to. Food should be a pleasure not a guilt trip.
6. If money and time were no object, where would you go?
England to surprise family by just knocking on the door unannounced. Oh and Italy to eat and drink till my pants didn't fit anymore.
7. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Honestly I have no idea but I know that I will be eating tasty things and sipping gin so its all good.
8. Salty or sweet, what's your flavour?
All of the above.
9. What's your pet peeve?
10. Guilty pleasures, do you have them?
Nope- nothing pleasurable should be classed as guilty (unless it's illegal of course!)
The Liebster rules are as follows:
1) Post eleven facts about yourself
2) Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create ten questions for people you’ve nominated
3) Choose five people to give this award to (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post
4) Go to their page and tell them
5) Remember, no tag backs.
MY FIVE BLOG AWARDS GO TO.....
- Lisa from Not Ladylike- fellow Edmontonian and proud geek!
- Shy from Narrative by Shy- beautiful photos I wish I had taken myself!
- Gillian from Gladley- Us Expats have to stick together!
- The Wanderlust Bunch- currently driving from LA to Alaska to start a new life- I am more excited for them with each post.....
- Nikkiana from Authentic Experience - moonlights as a burlesque dancer named Roxy Bourbon- need I say more!
QUESTIONS TO MY AWARD WINNERS
- Grow your own or take me to the supermarket?
- Gin and tonic or pour me a beer?
- Do you melt your chocolate in a Bain Marie, microwave or why would I melt chocolate, its just for eating?
- Meat or vegetables?
- Have you ever ridden on a double decker bus? (I ask this as one of my son's friends asked me and I though it was just the best question ever- they also asked me if I had seen One Direction, to which I looked horrified and simply ignored the question!)
- The Rolling Stones or The Beatles?
- What you wanted to be when you grew up?
- When was the last time you climbed a tree?
- Favourite Cookery Book?
- Best Blogger moment so far?