LEFTOVER LOVE: BANG BANG SAUCEWednesday, November 06, 2013
I will admit that I am sometimes guilty of not having enough leftovers. I am a calculating cook who plans to make meals that waste very little and hence leftovers don't seem to be lurking in my fridge very often but when they do I can be found looking lovingly at the peanut butter and the prospect of Bang Bang Sauce.
This is perfect for leftover chicken or turkey and in fact is often eaten greedily with no meat in it at all and you could even consider the addition of cooked and cooled rice noodles to make it even more substantial.
INGREDIENTS: BANG BANG SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot chilli sauce sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
INGREDIENTS: BANG BANG SALAD
- 6 cups of finely shredded white cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 cups cold shredded turkey or chicken
- 2 spring onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1 small cucumber, sliced into thin batons
- In a mixing bowl, combine sauce ingredients and mix until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until needed (Will keep for 2 weeks)
- In a bowl, combine turkey and chopped salad ingredients with 4 tablespoons Bang Bang sauce, and toss until well coated.
- Drizzle with more sauce and sprinkle with more chopped coriander