GREEN THAI CURRY PASTEThursday, April 03, 2014
You will always find a good jar of Thai Red Curry Paste in my fridge, it's a family favourite and fast stand by with a can of coconut milk some chicken and a few veggies lurking in the bottom of the fridge. Red Thai curry has saved me from hungry children many a time!
Perhaps making Thai curry paste falls under the category of life is just too short for that when you can buy such good paste in the supermarket. Perhaps you have to love to cook as much as I do but being in the kitchen and making things from scratch gives me immense pleasure so surely life is never ever to short to do the things you love!
- 4-6 medium green chillies, de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 5cm/2in piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- small bunch of fresh coriander including stalks
- 2 lemongrass stalks, chopped
- 1 lime, grated zest and juice
- Small bunch of Thai Basil- leaves torn from the tough stalks
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 tsp Thai fish sauce or light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and blitz to a paste. Use straight away or store in a jar in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.