CHUNKY MONKEY MUFFINSFriday, June 07, 2013
The summer heat seems to turn my bowl of banana's to mush so much quicker and having a bunch of quick, tasty recipes to use up the darkened beauties is pretty much essential. This is a great banana use up recipe and it was made even better by a dollar store purchase of monster cocktail sticks- added, once cooked, by a very happy Alfie!
CHUNKY MONKEY MUFFINS
- 280g All purpose Flour
- 1tsp. baking powder
- 1tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 0.5 tsp. salt
- 3 well ripened bananas (about 450g in total)
- 110g sugar
- 1 egg
- 70ml milk
- 90ml canola oil
- 70g semi sweet chocolate chips
- Prepare the muffin tin with cases and preheat oven to 375F / 190 C.
- In a large bowl place the dry ingredients and chocolate chips, mix.
- In another bowl/large jug add the milk, oil, egg and peeled bananas and using a balloon whisk mash and mix together.
- Pour the wet into the dry and mix till only just combined- over-mixing makes for heavy muffins- lumps are allowed!
- Spoon the mix into the prepared cases in the tin (I use a lever ice cream scoop- the perfect size and the level drops the mix into the cases).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes till golden brown and they spring back when pressed lightly.
- Cool on a wire rack and enjoy.