I was very pleased (I like a good challenge) to be invited to take part in the Hidden Valley Ranch™ Ranchify Recipe Challenge.
SUMMER HOLLANDAISE ON THE RANCH
- 3 tablespoons Hidden Valley Ranch™ The Original Ranch®
- 1/2 tsp. cornflour (corn starch)
- 2 free range egg yolks
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- Zest of 1 lemon & juice from half of the lemon (save the other half, you may need it at the end)
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Add the Ranch, corn flour, egg yolks, wine vinegar and lemon zest and juice to a pan and whisk the ingredients. Place the pan on a low heat and gently heat till thickened and there is not longer a floury taste.
- Take off the heat and add the butter, keep whisking and add the seasoning. Taste and add lemon juice or extra vinegar / seasoning as needed.
- You can serve now with gently cooked asparagus or green beans dipped into it or allow to cool to serve later. When ready to eat place the sauce into a glass bowl suspended over a little simmering water in a pan and re-heat whilst whisking.