RANCHIFY RECIPE CHALLENGE:ZINGY LIME AND CAPER SEAFOOD PATÊSaturday, June 29, 2013
I was very pleased (I like a good challenge) to be invited to take part in the Hidden Valley Ranch™ Ranchify Recipe Challenge. Here are my creations;
The last of my Ranchify dishes is my favourite! I suppose you're not supposed to have favourites when they are your own creations but hey, its my blog and it was by far and away my favourite! If you have never tried Ranch dressing as an ingredient before I suggest that this is what you use it for- you will not be disappointed.
ZINGY LIME AND CAPER SEAFOOD PATÊ
As my tester friend suggested this would be good with cheese grilled onto the top, or on toast, or just generally scooped up in large quantities and thoroughly enjoyed!
- 2 tablespoons Hidden Valley Ranch™ The Original Ranch®
- 4 tablespoons of cream cheese
- 4 finely chopped spring onions
- Juice and zest of a lime
- 2 tsp. capers (rinsed if in salt), chopped finely
- Chopped parsley
- 1 tin of tuna, drained
- 6 large, cooked and cooled prawns, roughly chopped
- Add the cream cheese to a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until creamy. Add everything else except the seafood and blend together.
- Add the seafood and carefully mix together. You are aiming to mix everything without turning the tuna into total mush!
- Serve with toasted pitta chips, fresh veggies or on just on a spoon- it's really that good!
TASTE: Summery, light, creamy, zingy- the perfect food for summer gatherings. Chill your wine, make your pate and enjoy- I will be!