CHOCOLATE DIABLO BROWNIESFriday, March 15, 2013
These sinfully delicious brownies combine sugar, spice and everything nice! Tempted yet?
Based on my delicious Diablo Cookies these brownies happened by happy accident. I needed to make brownies for my hubby to take into work for his birthday. He only told me of this little responsibility the night before he needed them so I quickly raided the cupboards for chocolate only to find a shocking lack of the delicious brown stuff! Desperate times call for desperate measures and I turned to my "Mummy Only Emergency Chocolate Stash" to save the day. I had a couple of bars of Lindt Excellence Chili Chocolate that were just ready to melt down and save the day.
CHOCOLATE DIABLO BROWNIES
- 185g soft unsalted butter
- 200g Lindt Excellence Chili Chocolate (2 bars)
- 3 large eggs
- 0.5 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 250g caster sugar
- 115g All Purpose Flour (Plain Flour)
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 0.5 tsp cayenne (If you dont have chilli chocolate, just add a little more cayenne)
Soft brown sugar, rock sea salt and a pinch of cayenne.METHOD
- Preheat the oven to 180C /350 F
- Line your approximately 33 x 23 x 5 1/2cm brownie pan with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a large heavy based saucepan.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla
- Measure the flour into another bowl and add the salt and cayenne
- When the chocolate mixture has melted, let it cool a bit before beating in the eggs and sugar mixture, and then the flour.
- Beat to combine and then scrape out of the saucepan into the lined brownie pan and sprinkle the top with the topping. Mix the salt, sugar and cayenne in a small bowl and throw over the top of the un-cooked brownies.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
Keep checking the brownies as they cook; remember that they will continue to cook as they cool.
One of hubby's colleagues called these "A little slice of chocolate heaven"