CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY FUDGESaturday, December 22, 2012
Lets get something straight, this is not proper fudge. It tastes like amazing chocolate fudge studded with Christmas cheer courtesy of the cranberries but it's not a traditional made fudge. There are no sugar thermometers required so if fudge making scared you before, read on and let me convince you to give it a go.......
- 350 grams chocolate (chopped (minimum 70% cocoa solids))
- 350ml tin of sweetened condensed milk
- 30 grams unsalted butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- 150 grams chopped, dried cranberries
- OPTIONAL- red and green decorating sugar for sprinkling on the top
- Put the chopped chocolate, condensed milk, butter and salt in a heavy-based pan on a low heat, and stir to melt.
- Add the cranberries to the melted chocolate and condensed milk and stir well to mix.
- Pour the mixture into a lined baking tray- 23cm square, smoothing the top. If adding extra festive pizazz sprinkle with the red and green sugar. Less is never more at Christmas you know!
- Let the fudge cool, and refrigerate until set. You can then cut it into whatever size you require- but small mouth fulls of fudge work best in my opinion
- Once cut, keep in the freezer - no need to thaw just eat straight away