GRILLED HALLOUMI & CRUNCHY SALAD WITH LEMON & THYME DRESSINGThursday, July 17, 2014
My hubby has been away for a few days and I have been indulging in meals that are heavier on the salad side in his absence. He can cope with salad if it's an accompaniment but there is trouble if there is a total plate takeover of "rabbit food", as he so kindly calls it. This is a perfect summer salad.
GRILLED HALLOUMI & CRUNCHY SALAD WITH LEMON & THYME DRESSING
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 stalks of thyme- leaves removed
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 x 250g pack halloumi cheese, sliced
- 150g pack radishes, coarsely grated
- 150g pack sugar snap peas, sliced lengthwise
- ½ cucumber, cut into thin batons
- Handful of salad leaves- I love rocket with it's peppery bite but any good salad leaf will work.
- Make a dressing by mixing together the vinegar, honey, thyme, lemon juice and mustard and a little freshly ground pepper – you don’t need to add any salt as the cheese is quite salty.
- Toss the halloumi slices in half the dressing, then griddle or barbecue for 5 mins, turning until browned and crisp on the edges.
- Toss a little of the dressing through the radishes, peas and cucumber but don't drown them.
- Serve the salad on a bed of salad leaves, topped with the crunchy pea, radish and cucumber salad and finally lay the grilled halloumi on top. If you have any leftover dressing simply drizzle a little over the cheese.