STEP AWAY FROM THE CEREAL PROJECT: BREAKFAST MUFFINSFriday, January 18, 2013
I am calling these bad boys Breakfast Muffins rather than bran muffins because unfortunately bran sounds like a dietary punishment, rather than tasty muffin delight. Bran conjures up images of health farms and stern, white coated people talking about keeping you regular!
They smell delicious as they cook and freeze perfectly (as do most, un-iced/un-frosted muffins).
200g white flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
150g soft brown sugar
90ml canola oil
1. Prepare a 12 hole muffin tin with cases. Preheat the oven to 375 F/190 C.
2. Mix the dry stuff in a large bowl.
3. Whisk together the wet stuff in a large jug.
4. Add the wet to the dry and mix lazily till only just combined (lumps do not matter, over mixing makes the muffins heavy)
5. Spoon into the muffin cases and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
6. Remove when golden brown and the top springs back when pressed lightly.